Whether you're taking your car for a quick errand or a even for a road trip, it's important to understand just how quickly the temperature inside a parked car can rise over time during the summers.
Given below are some points which should be kept in mind when the sun is at its peak-
- Roll down the windows and always turn on the blower before your enter your vehicle to eliminate all the accumulated heat in your vehicle.
- While driving, avoid using the AC every time as it tends to heat your engine.
- Avoid using leather seats during the summers as they tend to heat faster.
- During summers, never drink water kept in your vehicle for long as the plastic eliminates gasses and contaminates the water.
- It is advisable that you never leave your children or pets in a parked car as they cannot handle the extreme heat and are more prone to hyperthermia.
Hyperthermia is a medical emergency when the body produces or absorbs more heat which can lead to a brain damage, kidney failure or even death.
Hence always take care and be a little cautious the next time you enter or use your vehicle that’s been parked for hours.